Middleweight prospect Balazs Bacskai shined in his second appearance this year on his way to grab his sixth win in the same amount of fights in the pro ranks. The Hungarian boxer battered and stopped Ukrainian Dmytro Semernin in three frames in a bout serving as the main event on a card in Oradea, Transylvania.
Bacskai (6-0, 3 KO) took control from the first bell and sharp shot the head of his foe who lacked a proper defense as well as upper body movement. At the end of the first stanza, Semernin (13-5-1, 7 KO) went back to his corner with a bloody face and a puffed-up nose. It is likely that the Ukrainian broke his nose early thanks to a clean uppercut by his unbeaten foe.
The 30-year-old former amateur European champ Bacskai continued to abuse his helpless counterpart in the second frame while Semernin slip his mouthpiece out more and more often to buy some time to rest. The referee warned the wounded fighter that he was taking a point away but that did not happen as the third man in the squared circle called a halt to the contest in round three to save the Ukrainian from further punishment. At the time Semernin’s face was a bloody mess.
With his performance, Bacskai clearly proved he is ready to take a step up in competition, a move the boxer’s promoter, Felix Racz embraces with open arms.
“Balazs showed a great performance. There was no pressure on his shoulder. Everybody loved his output tonight. From now on, I’ll try to bring him opponents from the top 100 at middleweight,” told Racz briefly to BoxingScene.com.
Welterweight Flavius Biea outpointed willing Georgian journeyman Giorgi Gujejiani (10-8-2, 7 KO) over eight rounds in the co-main event. Biea (13-1, 6 KO) happened to be the more talented one of the two, handling his largely moveless foe with precise jabs and left hooks.
See more at boxingscene.com!
Felix Promotion International will be staging its first ever boxing card in Transsylvania, Romania this coming Friday with three of Felix Racz’s flagship fighters seeing in action in stay-busy non-title bouts.
In the main event, unbeaten middleweight prospect Balazs Bacskai will face Ukrainian Dmytro Semernin (13-4-1, 7 KO) in ten rounds. The former junior amateur world champion and European gold medalist Bacskai (5-0, 2 KO) is having his second ten rounder in his brief pro career that started last June. The first time the Budapest-native went ten frames was in his pro debut that he won against arch-rival Norbert Harcsa in a grudge match.
“I had a good training camp for this fight, something I am planning to prove against Semernin. As an amateur, most of my bouts were in abroad, so I believe I cannot have unknown feelings regarding fighting on foreign soil. I am looking forward to seeing lots of Hungarian fans in the attendance who will support me. I am planning to give a good performance to catch the attention and the sympathy of the neutral fans as well,” said Bacskai.
Another former amateur world champ and crowd-favorite Flavius Biea will take on Georgian journeyman Jaba Shalutashvili (24-20-1, 12 KO) in an 8-round co-main event. This will be the return of the Romanian Biea (12-1, 6 KO) from his first loss among the pros he suffered last December against Valentyn Golovko in a WBC regional welterweight title.
The Friday event in Oradea is promoted by Felix Promotion International and will get televised live on M4 Sport in Hungary as well as on Digi TV in Romania.
See more at boxingscene.com!
Felix-Promotion in Hungary have signed a new TV deal that calls for six shows in Hungary this year and two abroad.
Next show is scheduled for Oradea in Romania on April 13 with junior middleweight Ferenc Berki Jr, 11-0, topping the bill.
In the chief support middleweight Balazs Bacskai, 5-0, and welterweight Flavius Bieia, 12-1, are featured and super feather Zoltan Kovacs, 20-5-1, comes back after a injury related layoff.
The injury suffered by Erik Skoglund in December of last year has led to a change in the safety rules for professional boxing in Sweden.
Among the changes is that a license issued by the Swedish commission is only valid in one weight division – should the fighter decide to drop down a new license is required – this to have a check on how the weight loss program is constructed.
There must also be two weeks (as compared with one week as it was) between fights and there shall be a week´s rest after what is called a sparring “sojourn”.
Super middleweights Robin Krasniqi (47-5) and Stas Kashtanov (36-2) clash for the vacant EBU title June 2, informs the EBU. The fight is not officially announced by Krasniqi´s promoter SES but according to EBU the site will be Bad Tolz, a small town just south of Munich where Krasniqi resides.
Danish cruiserweight Micki Nielsen has pulled out as challenger for the vacant EU title. There were purse bids scheduled on Monday (March 12). For co-challenger Fabio Turchi it means another wait for a new challenger to be appointed.
See more at boxingscene.com
Aprilie este luna boxului în Bihor. În această perioadă două gale profesioniste vor ţine capul de afiş în lumea pugilismului.
Primul gong va bate pe 13 aprilie, la Oradea Trade Center, unde patru foşti campioni mondiali sunt invitaţi la gala organizată de promotorul maghiar de origine orădeană, Felix Racz. Este vorba despre Lucian Bute, Erdely Zsolt, Istvan Kovacs şi Mihai Leu, ultimul în calitate de arbitru al întrecerii.
„Faptul că la Oradea este prima gală de box profesionist cred că se datorează în primul rând lui (Felix Racz – n.n.). Poate am avut şi eu, aşa, un mic aport că am mai vorbit de bine. Noi sperăm că această gală de box să fie un succes pentru că vor fi şi nume importante din România”, a declarat Mihai Leu, fost campion mondial.
Cele opt lupte ale galei se anunţă tensionate, mai ales că unele sunt organizate pentru titluri europene în versiunea WBO.
„Dintre sportivii români sperăm să-i avem pe Nistor şi Flavius Bia şi încă doi boxeri amatori. Nu ştiu încă dacă boxerii români vor boxa pentru centură”, a precizat Felix Racz, promotor de box.
Cea de-a doua gală de box profesionist în Bihor va avea loc o zi mai târziu, pe 14 aprilie, la Sînmartin. Deţinătorul centurii UEB, sportivul bihorean Alexandru Jur, va lupta pentru un nou titlu în versiunea WBC.
Reporter: Nicolae Mihalcea
Operator: Gabor Szilagyi
See more at: https://www.digi24.ro/regional/digi24-oradea/box-lucian-bute-si-mihai-leu-vin-la-gala-de-la-oradea-865414
Imre Szello successfully defended his WBO Inter-Continental cruiserweight title for the second time with a ninth-round TKO win against Robert Hall Jr last Friday in Salgotarjan, Hungary. Szello (19-0, 12 KO’s) took the center of the ring in round one and controlled the bout with his calculated aggression. The American Hall Jr (11-1, 8 KO’s) tried his best to figure out his opponent but came up short in all areas.
Szello used his precise jab to set up his distance and landed his well-placed straight rights that staggered Hall several times during the bout. In round nine the 34 years old Hungarian contender rocked his foe with a short right to the jaw. Hall tried to leave the spot on unsteady legs but Szello landed a pair of left hooks that dropped the American hard under the ropes. Referee Bence Kovacs quickly waved off the bout after Hall laid moveless during the count.
With the win, Szello is expected to hold his No. 6 position by the WBO at 200 pounds and hopes to secure a world title fight in the near future.
Mate Kis did not waste a minute during his bout with Richard Baranyi to showcase his aggressive style to his loud fans. The light heavyweight pugilists with vastly different styles fought for the vacant Hungarian title in a scheduled ten round match.
Kis (10-0-2, 7 KO’s) battered his more experienced opponent from round one with hard bombs to the body. Baranyi (19-3, 13 KO’s) tried his best to create a distance for his straight punches but fell short against his hyperactive counterpart. Kis ended matters in round eight with a left hook to the ribs.
Reigning 160-pound Hungarian champion Balazs Bacskai schooled Tanzanian Joseph Sinkala (13-11-1, 7 KO’s) in six one-sided rounds. The 29-year-old Bacskai (3-0, 1 KO) showed skills, patience and presence in his return to the middleweight division and proved he is ready to take a step ahead in competition…
See more at boxingscene.com!
Undefeated Imre Szello headlines a nine-bout card this coming Friday in Salgotarjan, Hungary. The 34-year-old fighter will meet Robert Hall Jr in the second defense of his WBO Inter-Continental cruiserweight title.
Szello (18-0, 11 KO’s) is currently ranked No. 6 by the WBO at 200 pounds and planning to get new experiences against his American foe en route to a world title fight. This will be the fourth appearance of the Hungarian contender this year. Szello last fought in September when he dispatched journeyman Petar Mrvalj in two rounds.
The American Hall Jr (11-0, 8 KO’s) turned pro in 2013 and stepped up in competition last December when he decisioned unbeaten Dimar Ortuz in ten rounds to win the WBC United States cruiserweight title.
”I am so happy for this opportunity that I got from my manager, Felix Racz. Robert Hall Jr is a quality opponent. There are few available fight tapes about him but we used them to analyze his style. We are doing great work in the gym, measuring all details because we are aware of the significance of this title defense. I am looking forward to producing my best performance against my toughest opponent to date,” said Szello to BoxingScene.com.
See more at boxingscene.com!
Hungarian cruiserweight Imre Szello (18-0) takes on American Robert Hall, Jr, (11-0) in the headliner of Felix-Promotion´s show in Salgotarjan on November 10, writes monokli.com. Szello is ranked # 7 by the WBO and # 9 by the IBF and holds the WBO I/C title.
EC Boxing have cancelled the show in Hamburg, slated on November 1 that would have featured heavyweights Agron Smakici, Adrian Granat and Ali Eren Demirezen along with cruisers Nikola Milalic and Hüseyn Cinkara.
EC will now instead stage a bigger event on December 22, also in Hamburg ,with the above mentioned Smakici and Granat along with Alexander Dimitrenko and Fatih Keles in the headliners.
Swedish light heavyweight prospect Robin Safar, 4-0, is nursing a sore hand and won´t fight this Saturday in Katrineholm. Safar will headline the next Rising Stars show at EnArena in Stockholm on December 15 and if all goes according to plan it will be over 6×3 against Georgian Levan Lukhutashvili, also 4-0.
See more at boxingscene.com!
Leading Hungarian boxing promoter Felix Racz’s Felix Promotion opened its autumn season with an eight-bout card in Varpalota, Hungary.
The Friday event was originally planned to be headlined by WBO European titlist Zoltan Kovacs but that bout had canceled after Tanzanian Francis Miyeyusho failed to leave his country due to visa issues.
That left undefeated cruiserweight Imre Szello having to fight in the main event against substitution opponent Petar Mrvalj. Szello (18-0, 11 KOs) fought patiently from the first bell and controlled the bout over his Bosnian foe. The calculated and accurate Hungarian pugilist dropped Mrvalj once in round one and twice in round two.
Though Mrvalj (7-8, 3 KOs) beat the count after the last knockdown, referee Bence Kovacs rightfully stopped the one-sided affair. Szello, who is currently ranked No. 10 by the WBO, is scheduled to defend his WBO Inter-Continental belt against a name opponent in November.
On the lone title bout of the event, 22-year-old Renato Egedi became the first ever WBO Youth belt holder at super middleweight after he stopped Ukrainian Davyd Gorohovets in five frames. It was a grueling matchup between a willing and hyperactive Hungarian up-and-comer and a tough and rough Ukrainian prospect. Egedi (10-1-2, 5 KOs) used his straight punches and athleticism to keep Gorohovets (8-2, 7 KOs) at bay while throwing nice left hooks to the body at close range.
The Ukrainian tried to slow his foe down with his own punches to the mid-section, though a number of them landed below the beltline. Referee Joerg Milke failed to sanction these fouls that left Egedi himself to retaliate on spots. Gorohovets went down several times complaining about low blows until Egedi realized he has to target the body to take his now unwilling opponent out of the fight and that was exactly what he did, dropping Gorohovets twice in round five and secured the most important victory of his young career. Egedi is expected to enter the top 15 in the WBO ranks at 168 pounds.
See more at: boxingscene.com